Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- All institutional names have to be anonymized - for example: a small private research university in Southeast Asia.
- For all participating institutions, use generic names and types – e.g., secondary teacher-training college, vocational college, secondary school.
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF document file format and follows APA format.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in the Submission section.
- The Author follows APA style (7th edition), including AI references. Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring an Anonymous Reviewer/Anonymous Author Peer Review for anonymising the manuscript have been followed.
Please note that names of locations and research sites should be removed not only during anonymous peer review, but also in the published manuscript (in line with our ethical policy).
- The Author provides manuscript type and word count at the end of the text confirming that the word count is within the maximum limit for the relevant article type (Appendices are separate). Example: Research Article: 7,846 words + Appendix: 1,234 words; Or: Practice Report (3950 words).
- The Author(s) acknowledge(s) that they abide by the POLICIES of the JVE, such as the Ethical Policy for conducting research with human subjects.
- The Author(s) acknowledge(s) the Informed Consent and Confidentiality and Privacy guidelines set forth by the APA.
- The Author(s) acknowledge(s) the Inclusive Language Guidelines set forth by the APA.
- The Author can propose experts in the field who may be contacted by the editors for the review. (Expert reviewer names and emails should be added in the "comments for the editors" section when submitting the manuscript.)
All our authors retain their copyright and all rights associated to their work, and what we ask in return is a mere non-exclusive right to publish their work in print and electronically. This means that authors are free to do whatever they want with their article, even republish it elsewhere, as long as the original creation is properly credited.
Each accepted article is published under a Creative Commons licence. Although we apply a CC BY licence by default to all individual articles, we believe it is fair-minded to let authors decide the level of restriction of their licence should they wish so; see our Licence policy for additional information.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.